Schools seeking membership in AIMS should follow the below process:
- Request, in writing, to the *President, that they be considered for membership.
- The Membership Committee of AIMS will schedule a school visit and request a checklist of information from the candidate school.
- The checklist of information will include: documentation of accreditation, a budget for the current operating year, a copy of the IRS tax exempt letter, a list of the candidate school’s board of directors, and a copy of the school’s by-laws.
- The Head of the candidate school is invited to attend a regular meeting of Heads of AIMS schools.
- When the Membership Committee is satisfied that the candidate school meets all requirements for membership, a recommendation for Full or Provisional membership is presented to the full Association. Applications for membership from schools meeting all of the above requirements are approved by majority vote of the Association.
- Heads, or designates, from candidate schools are recused from the portion of the meeting at which their membership eligibility is discussed.
Kiyo Morse, AIMS President
30250 Grand River
Farmington Hills, MI 48336